7/01/2007

Feeling Patriotic

With Independence Day just around the corner and the serious events going on in the U.K. and Scotland, I was feeling a little patriotic today. Not that we are planning a big 4th of July event - we are just going down to the in-laws for a BBQ and fireworks. I am crocheting up a pork pie hat with the red, navy and variegated cotton I bought. It doesn't look like much now, but when it is folded and sewn and the rest of the body and brim are done it should look great.

This is what I have completed so far.

I bought a flower maker that is a small version of the knifty knitter - actually made by the same company and made this flower this afternoon. I have found some other ribbon and plan to make a couple of patriotic flowers. This one is missing the white so I will add it to the next flower.

My final photo is the bracelet I bought at a local craft show. I've seen them for years and never had the opportunity to purchase one. They were cheap, so now I have one. It isn't the most comfortable thing that I have worn but for a day, I can sacrifice.

So, if I don't post before Wednesday - Have a

No comments: